Aquabot Pool Rover Review (S2-40i & Hybrid)
Aquabot has a comprehensive range of robotic pool cleaners. There is a suitable Aquabot for almost every customer.
There are several models that bear the Aquabot Pool Rover moniker. In this review, we will look at the Aquabot Pool Rover S2-40i and the Aquabot Pool Rover Hybrid. The Aquabot Pool Rover Junior will be discussed at length in another article.
Aquabot Pool Rover S2-40i
This robotic pool cleaner has a sleek frame to facilitate easy maneuverability for above ground pools of various shapes such as rectangular, kidney, L-shape, round, oval and so on. Let us check out some its defining features.
Aquabot Pool Rover S2-40i Features:
- The S2-40i is equipped with a premium filtration system that can filter dirt and other particles as fine as two microns. A manual clean simply cannot match this level of filtration. To put things into perspective, a single grain of salt is approximately 100 microns while a human white blood cell is 25 microns. Such is the phenomenal ability of this cleaning bot! It cleans the pool not just on a superficial, but on almost a microscopic level!
- Hydro-robotic Technology delivers maximum coverage without compromising on efficiency.
- There are two cleaning cycles depending upon how much time you have and how dirty the pool is. Choose between a 1 hour and 2 hour cycle.
- The bot can easily go over raised drains and it cleans all types of surfaces such as vinyl, concrete, tile etc. The S2-40i does all this thanks to its sophisticated NeverStuck system, which ensures that the robot does not get stuck easily and can operate without the need for human supervision.
- Even though the bot only weights about 22 pounds, the pump is quite powerful and can filter up to 4800 gallons of water in an hour.
Aquabot S2-40i Pros
- Excellent build quality and 1 year 100% warranty.
- The filter is accessible from the top. This is convenient as you don’t need to raise or flip the both.
- Treads are of a good quality and provide adequate traction. Moreover, they do not leave any markings on the surfaces that they go over.
- The entire assembly is very straightforward. The S2-40i is easy to live with. It is also very quiet.
- Durable 40 foot floating cable.
Aquabot S2-40i Cons
- Can only do walls partially and that too only if the transition is curved (minimum radius should be 6 inches). This is a big minus as you might have to scrub part of the walls yourself.
- Only suitable for above-ground pools. Also, had the cable been longer, the bot would been usable in bigger pools too.
The bottom line: The Aquabot Pool rover S2-40i is a cool niche product – it is most suitable for small and shallow pools.
Aquabot Pool Rover Hybrid
The Aquabot Pool Rover Hybrid is a fully automatic robotic cleaner for above ground pools. It is a highly popular Aquabot model as it’s well built, lightweight, easy to use and provides terrific value for money. The Hybrid does not feature any fancy gadgetry – it is an honest to goodness pool cleaner and it’s very good at its job.
Aquabot Pool Rover Hybrid: Features:
- The bot can filter everything from big leaves to dirt and algae as fine as 2 microns. The 34 quart filter bag is easy to clean. This is a bottom loading pool cleaner. Still, it weighs only a little over 10 pounds so accessing the filter is not much of a problem.
- It has large wheels provide good traction and almost never get stuck. Also, they do not leave tread marks on pool surfaces.
- The bot has a direction guidance-locking pin – this enables it to navigate pools of various shapes without any difficulty. The bot can easily go up 60 degree inclines.
- This tiny machine packs quite a punch. Powerful motor can filter up to 4500 gallons of water in an hour.
- 40 foot cable.
Aquabot Hybrid Pros:
- Cleans floors as well as walls of above-ground pools.
- Highly efficient motor and thorough cleaning help you to save money on electricity and chemicals.
- Can clean a 36’ pool in an hour!
- 1 year warranty
- Very easy to operate. Just drop it in the shallow end of your pool (the right side up) and power it on.
- Cleans tiles, vinyl, fiberglass, concrete, and gunite. Does not get stuck easily thanks to hydraulic engineering.
Aquabot Hybrid Cons:
- Only works in pools that have a smooth or curved transition from bottom to walls.
- Does not come with a swivel and hence the cable can get entangled. This is easily fixable by purchasing a swivel separately.
Final Verdict: The Aquabot Pool rover Hybrid is one of the best cleaners for small above ground pools that feature a curved bottom.