Aquabot T2 Robotic In-ground Pool Cleaner Review
Aquabot falls among the top pool cleaner manufacturers in the world and the T2 is one of their premium offerings. It’s got all the right ingredients to make a top class robotic pool cleaner – it’s extremely well built and smartly engineered. The three year warranty is the ultimate icing on the cake.
Much like many of Aquabot’s products, the T2 has been lauded by pool cleaning gurus and customers alike. Let’s find out what makes the T2 such a great pool cleaner.
Aquabot T2 Features:
- The pool cleaner is powerful, versatile and efficient. It can climb 90 degree walls with ease and has a water mixing capability of 75 gallons per minute. Now, one might be tempted to think that with all this power, the bot guzzles electricity with a monstrous appetitie every time it’s turned on. But no, the Aquabot T2 costs just 5 cents per hour to run! This is exponentially more efficient that conventional pool cleaners.
- Nothing escapes this bot’s attention. Equipped with an industry leading filtering capacity of up to 2 microns, it traps even the smallest of particles, even those that may not be visible to the naked eye. It also does a phenomenal job of eliminating leaves, pebbles, acorns and other types of debris.
- On the underside of the bot are pressure jets that spray water onto the pool surface in opposite directions. This loosens up even the most stubborn dirt and the suction inlets then gobble it up to be trapped by the 2 micron filter. This highly advanced system works in perfect synergy with the heavy duty brush to ensure that users have a clean pool in as little as 1 hour!
- The robot is very user friendly. It is so intuitive that even an ape can operate it without even having to think. Basically there are two buttons to increase or decrease the number of hours that you want to clean the pool for (ranging between 1 to 7 hrs). There’s another button to start operation and that’s the beginning and the end of it! It really doesn’t get any simpler.
- There are two cleaning modes – pool floor only and pool, walls and waterline. Often, residential pools are used sparingly for most of the year/season. Hence, they don’t need a full-fledged cleaning cycle every time. The T2 allows users to select the time and type of cycle depending upon how often the pool is used. This saves energy as well as money.
- The bot has a smart navigation system that enables it to clean the entire pool thoroughly instead of running idiotic circles at the same spot. Moreover, Aquabot’s NeverStuck system prevents it from getting stuck at tight sports such as corners, drains etc. The swivel mechanism ensures that the cable does not get all knotted up.
Aquabot T2 Pros:
- 3 year warranty – first year bumper to bumper and limited warranty for the next two years.
- More than 90% more efficient than other robotic pool cleaners
- A perfect, plug’n’play solution. No need for any booster pumps and hoses. Just plug it in and press start!
- Comes with a cool caddy for easy storage and transportation. Some pool cleaners are heavy it’s cumbersome to lug them about in the sweltering summer heat. So even though you may end up with a clean pool, you cannot swim in it because your back hurts! (Just Kidding 🙂
- Works in all in-ground pools of all shapes. Compatible with gunite/concrete, fibreglass, vinyl.
- Great testimonials. People who’ve bought it love it!
Aquabot T2 Cons:
- Not ‘cheap’ by any stretch of the imagination
- Meant only for in-ground pools
- Aquabot’s website clearly mentions that the bot is NOT compatible with tile. Frankly this is quite strange.
- No remote control and hence spot cleaning not possible. This feature is sorely missed as most other bots at the price point offer a remote control app, even if it is gimmicky.
This is a great pool cleaner and suits people with a no-nonsense attitude. It’s not perfect though. For example: the filter bag is not accessible easily; it’s accessed from the underside of the bot. What matters though, is that it clean the pool very well. Yes, it’s expensive to buy but comes with a three year warranty and is dirt cheap to run.
Most importantly, people cannot stop saying good things about it. This is quite rare in this day and age wherein everybody is so spoilt for choice and hard to please.
Overall Score: 4.4/5