Aquabot Turbo Review
Anyways, enough of the boring stuff - Let's get started! The Aquabot Turbo was designed keeping in mind the needs of modern families. It offers a convenient one-touch in-ground pool filtration solution. The bot is totally independent and cleans the pool bottom, side walls (waterline) and slopes.
Aquabot Turbo’s Features
- Aqualogic Technology: No human involvement is required. You do not have to keep monitoring the cleaning process continuously. Unlike some low-end cleaners, the Aquabot Turbo is intelligent and the chances of it getting stuck are minimal. The fully automatic, one-touch feature is not a mere marketing gimmick by Aquabot – the machine truly delivers what it promises.
- The Aquabot Turbo is powered by an independent driving and pumping motor. This motor functions operates separately from the main filter of the pool. Not only is this Aquabot powerful, but it is also incredibly efficient; especially when you consider the quality of cleaning.
- The device has an adjustable timer with a range of one to seven hours. You can choose the desired time duration and let the robot do its job. The pool will be sparkling clean when you are ready to take a dip!
- This Aquabot employs the highest capacity extra-fine filter bag that is available on the US market. This bag comes as standard with the product and is not an optional extra. It can capture debris that is as tiny as 2 microns in size. The end result is an extremely thorough clean. The filter bag does NOT require any special kind of maintenance. It is very easy to remove and install. A simple rinse is all that’s required to get rid of all the garbage that is trapped in the micro-filter.
- Heavy duty, long lasting dual front and rear scrubbing brushes can get rid of even the most stubborn dirt particles. The loosened debris is then sucked in by the bot and trapped in the filter bag. The device has a powerful vacuuming mechanism and can easily filter small to medium sized debris including leaves, twigs, sand silt, dirt, algae and so on.
- The machine comes with extra-long cables (60 feet) and this makes it very suitable for larger residential pools as well.
- The device is programmable for an external timer. However, the external timer is not part of the deal. You will have to procure it separately.
- Excellent quality of construction. The Aquabot Turbo is manufactured using corrosion-proof materials. The total assembly consists of fewer than ten moving parts – this prevents wear and tear and ensures a long life.
Aquabot Turbo Pros
- Very low cost of operation. The cleaner costs just 10 cents to run per day.
- Saves time, money and offers a hassle-free pool cleaning experience. High quality cleaning saves you money – you need to fill up the pool less often. Thus, you save on water bills as well as electricity (that would’ve been spent on pumping the water).
- You do not need to use high amounts of chlorine. This is beneficial for you as well as for the environment.
- Very easy to assemble and operate. Simply drop the Aquabot Turbo into your swimming pool, connect it to the low voltage transformer and then push start. That’s all there is to it! The device comes with an easy-to-understand instruction manual.
- Very low maintenance. Replacement parts are easily available. The two year warranty provides complete peace of mind. (First year full and second year limited warranty).
- 100% Safe and Efficient: The Aquabot Turbo has been manufactured in accordance with international safety standards. It is totally safe to use for all in-ground residential pools of various sizes.
- This is a best-selling robotic pool cleaner. A tried and tested product with rave reviews.
- The powerful pump encourages circulation of water within the pool. Not only does this reduce the costs of heating, but it also creates a uniform distribution of chemicals (cleaning agents) within the water. In normal cases, these chemicals settle to the bottom on the pool.
Aquabot Turbo Cons
- The initial cost of ownership is relatively high. However, long term cost is very low. You can reduce the effective cost even further by filing a rebate.
- Suitable only for in-ground swimming pools. Some larger residences may have more than one pool of different types. The Aquabot Turbo is not a good fit for such properties. If you need a robotic pool cleaner that can handle above-ground as well as small inground pools, you might want to consider other Aquabot models such as the PURA 4XT.
- While many people DO love it (for the most part), there are quite a few negative reviews for it on amazon. You can read those here and decide for yourself.
Aquabot Turbo Videos
Aquabot Turbo Reviews
The Bottom-line: Aquabot Turbo is NOT perfect, but it's ideal for small, medium and even moderately large in-ground residential swimming pools.
It's safe, convenient and provides high quality cleaning MOST of the time. This robotic pool cleaner more than justifies its price tag and accounts for substantial savings in the long run.
Overall, based on the customers we've spoken with, and the reviews on sites like amazon.com and others, we give this cleaner 3.5 stars
(If you want something a bit nicer, we highly recommend the Aquabot Turbo T2 Plus, the 2017 Model, with a 4.5 star rating on amazon!)
To sum it up in a few sentences; it's not horrible, but it's not amazing. It's well worth the price provided you take care of it and perform the proper maintenance as needed.
Our #1 Recommendation
Check out the Dolphin CC Plus, our #1 Recommended Robotic Pool Cleaner!