Dolphin E10 Robotic Pool Cleaner Review
The Dolphin E10 is one of the many robotic pool cleaners to have come out of Maytronics which aims to make residential pool cleaning a cinch. But that’s a claim that every robotic pool cleaning gadget company makes so should you care about it?
Well if you have an above ground pool up to 30 feet in diameter and length, then you should care. Another reason to care is that the E10 is less than half the price of the standard Dolphin in-ground pool cleaner.
At half the price you still get 70% of its more expensive sibling’s features like active brushing and smart navigation. We’ll jump into those later on in the review.
During our review, we found that even though you can toss it into your small in-ground swimming pool but doing so means it will not scrub the walls. In-ground pool owners are arguably better off with something more powerful and ideally bigger like the Dolphin Premier.
Have an above the ground pool?
Read on as we reveal the good, bad and maybe ugly before you buy the Dolphin E10.
Editors Note: Click Here for my #1 Recommendation in this category. It has over 300 reviews and a 4.5-star rating on Amazon!
Dolphin e10 Features at a Glance :
- Light Weight and Easy to Carry: Weighing slightly under 14lbs ensures that it can be taken anywhere and stored away easily. Plus, the lightweight design is deceiving robust and durable.
- Top Accessible Filtration System: Unlike some other pool cleaning bots you don’t need to flip the D10 over to remove the filter. Not mention the filter canister only requires a twist of your wrists to remove, rinse and put back.
- CleverClean Scanning Feature: Found on the way more expensive Triton Plus, the system uses a series of sensors which map out the swimming pool. The onboard algorithm then calculates the best cleaning path. The result is that the D10 spends less time wandering aimlessly around the pool consequently consuming less energy yet ensuring that it does not miss a spot on the pool’s floor.
- Generous 40 Feet Swivel Cable: The D10’s patented swivel technology ensures that you no longer have to worry about tangled cables in your swimming pool.
- Active Scrubbing: The E10 relies on a single brush to sweep up algae and dirt off the swimming pool floor. The Active Brushing technology uses a rotating brush moving 2x faster than the robot ensuring that it can rid the pool floor and corners of the finest dirt.
- Highly Efficient Tracks and not wheels. The tracks give the D10 a stronger grip regardless of the pool’s surface, while looking as cool as the Mars rover. It also ensures that the robot does not get stuck on drains or slips ensuring better energy efficiency.
- Instant Water Release System: Lifting the Dolphin E10 Robotic Pool cleaner out of the pool does not require 18” inch arms thanks to the instant water release system. As you lift the robot out of the pool it quickly starts letting out water, while keeping the dirt inside. Letting the water out makes it lighter to lift without breaking a sweat.
- One Button Operation: A single button that works as an on/off switch. The downside to this is that there is so much that a single button can do which is why the robot is limited to just the basic set of features.
Dolphin e10 Pros & Cons
Dolphin e10 Final verdict:
The Dolphin E10 Robotic Pool Cleaner is pretty hard to recommend even with at this attractive price point.
- On the one hand, it checks all the boxes for ease of use, beginner friendliness, lightweight, and power efficiency.
- On the other hand, you’re stuck with the laborious task of scrubbing the pool’s walls and steps.
However, if you are the owner of a small above the ground pool and are looking for a robot that’s easy to use, durable and reliable at a great price, then the E10 is worth considering.
Also, how many people actually have an above ground swimming pool to being with?
We can bet they aren’t many.
Most people reading this review will probably be in the market for a robot that takes care of 100% of the cleaning.
After all, that’s the whole purpose of having a robot in the first place!
That’s why the E10 is one of those robotic cleaners we can’t openly recommend to everyone.
It would perhaps make for an economical Christmas gift for someone who you want to send a message to about their pool hygiene!
Editors Recommendation: If you want to avoid the hassle and get hands down the best pool cleaning bot then the Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus would be the one to get. It’s also Amazon’s #1 pool cleaning bot!
Our #1 Recommendation
Check out the Dolphin CC Plus, our #1 Recommended Robotic Pool Cleaner!