The Dolphin e10 is easy to use, light, versatile and reliable. It uses active scrubbing to get rid of dirt, algae and bacteria.
This bot is not advertised as having wall climbing ability. Still, many people report that it can do smaller walls as. This makes it usable in smaller in-ground pools.
There is, however, a chink in its armor – it’s not particularly good at cleaning stairs, or walls.
Read On For More Info On This…
Editors Note: Click Here for my #1 Recommendation in this category. It has over 300 reviews and a 4.5-star rating on Amazon!
Dolphin e10 Features:
- This robotic pool cleaner is light and this makes it easy to handle and carry about if required. It weighs just a tad under 14 pounds. The build quality is robust and dependable.
2. The filtration system can be accessed from the top. This is convenient as you don’t need to flip the bot in order to remove the filter. The filter canister is ridiculous easy to remove and clean. Open the top, remove the filter, give it a rinse and place it back in.
3. CleverClean scanning system ensures excellent navigation and uniform coverage. The bot cleans all parts of the pool thoroughly and rarely ever gets stuck.
4. 40 feet swivel cable prevents tangling. Anybody who has ever owned a pool cleaning robot with a non-swivel cable how important this feature is.
5. The Active brushes are quite efficient and make light work of scrubbing away dirt, calcification and algae. This is where the Dolphin e10 really shines. The brush rotates at amazing speed, leaving the pool sparkling clean!
Dolphin E10 User Guide Video
Dolphin e10 Pros:
- Maytronics is a leading manufacturer of pool cleaners. Hence, there are no issues with respect to reliability and build quality.
- The Dolphin e10 is very easy to live with. It functions efficiently and smoothly. Cost of ownership is also fairly low. Cleaning is hassle free and quick.
- This robot comes with a 1 year warranty against manufacturing defects. The quality of construction is very high and the e10 is expected to last several seasons.
- Even if the bot malfunctions, it can be repaired without much fuss. Availability of parts is not much of a problem. The spares are fairly inexpensive.
- The filter pump is fast and efficient. A single cycle gets complete in just ninety minutes.
- The Dolphin e10 is well designed. It looks nice and appealing.
Dolphin e10 Cons:
- There is no full-filter indicator. Thus, you have to keep checking the filter from time to time. This is not a major issue as the filter is big and can be accessed from the top. Still, an indicator would have eliminated all this guess work. The filter may become full if the pool is exceptionally dirty and you’ll have no way of knowing this.
- Even though many people report that the Dolphin e10 has cleaned their pool walls, it would be incorrect to say that the bot has wall climbing ability. It might be able to manage a steep gradient but it cannot go up a 90 degree incline. This greatly mitigates its usability. There are other pool cleaners in this price range that can climb walls and the technology that they utilize is similar to that of the e10. Thus, if Dolphin would have tried just a little harder, the e10 could have been a true all-rounder with the capacity to climb up walls as well.
- The robot cannot handle stairs. This further limits its functionality. Even if the e10 does an astounding job with the floor, you’ll still have to do the stairs and walls yourself. This is easier said than done. Even if you manage to clean the waterline, you’ll have to dive underwater to do the bottom stairs and walls. Not exactly as glamorous as diving in the Maldives, especially when there’s dirt and algae involved!
- The swivel cable does not tangle but it’s hard to miss the fact that it is only forty feet long. This makes it unsuitable for larger swimming pools.
Here is a Video of the E10 Struggling to Climb a Swimming Pool Wall
View Other Best Sellers
|1||Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus Automatic Robotic Pool Cleaner with Easy to Clean Top Load Filters Ideal...||730 Reviews||$799.00 $699.00||Buy on Amazon|
|2||Dolphin 2018 Premier Robotic in-Ground Pool Cleaner||285 Reviews||$1,197.00 $1,047.00||Buy on Amazon|
|3||Aqua Products Pool Rover S2-40||609 Reviews||from $299.00||Buy on Amazon|
|4||Dolphin Nautilus CC Automatic Robotic Pool Cleaner with Large Capacity Top Load Filter Basket Ideal...||232 Reviews||$599.00 $576.67||Buy on Amazon|
|5||Dolphin Electric Pool Cleaner - Carry Caddy||101 Reviews||$123.08||Buy on Amazon|
Dolphin e10 Final verdict:
This one is a bit difficult. On one hand, the Dolphin e10 is a versatile unit that cleans both in-ground and above ground pools. However, it struggles to clean walls and stairs and this is a major setback. It seems that the e10 tries has tried to become a jack of all trades and not the master of one.
I’ve got to go with the same Review it has on Amazon, 3 stars.
The bottom line is that if you want a powerful pool cleaner for the floor, then the e10 is a good choice but get ready to scrub some walls!
If you’re still interested in the Dolphin e10, don’t worry it’s NOT at all a bad Pool Cleaner, just a bit limited, however you can click the button below for more info!
More Amazon Reviews Here: