Dolphin M400 Pool Cleaner Review
The Dolphin M400 by Maytronics looks good on paper but does it fare well in the real world? Let's take a closer look.
Maytronics is an established robotic cleaner manufacturer. Most of their products score high on the reliability and customer satisfaction scale.
The Dolphin M400 is an advanced bot capable of cleaning pools up to 50 feet in length.
Even though the bot is not exactly cheap, it is quite suitable for smaller private pools. It is not the top choice for community pools which usually tend to be a bit larger.
Still, it does boast quite a few cool features that greatly enhance its charm.
Dolphin M400 Features:
- Caters to all types of pool surfaces, be it mosaic, concrete, liner etc.
- Not heavy at all at just 8.5 kilograms. This particular model comes with a handy Caddy stand, which makes it even easier to move and store the bot.
- The Automatic Shut-Off feature ensures total total piece of mind. No need to turn off the bot manually at the end of each cycle.
- This is an efficient bot with a cleaning cycle of 2.5 hours
- Dual level filtration system with ultra-fine cartridge to capture even the smallest of dirt particles. Various sizes of nets available to clean out all types of debris. Dolphin recommends using the net filter at the start of the season to clear rough debris such as leaves, pebbles, twigs etc. The ultra-fine filter can then be used for regular cleaning as it gets rid of micro-particles that may not be clearly visible to the naked eye.
- Dolphin’s patented 18-meter swivel system ensures that the cables do not get entangled while cleaning.
- The M400 is equipped with triple-action brushes that work away to get rid of even the most stubborn pool stains.
- At the heart of this pool cleaner is a powerful yet efficient dual-drive motor that enables the Dolphin to climb up walls with ease. However, thanks to smart engineering, the bot does not consume copious amounts of energy and saves money in the long run.
- A state-of-the-art CleverClean navigation system plus Gyro enables the bot to scan, navigate and clean pools thoroughly without requiring any external guidance or prodding. Just plug it in, turn on and relax – the pool cleaner provides complete coverage unlike some low end models that get stuck at the deep end and are reluctant to climb over to the shallow part of the pool.
- The filters are accessible from the top and this makes them easy to remove for cleaning.
- Since Maytronics is a leading brand, it is usually easy to find replacement parts without much hassle.
- The pool cleaning robot comes with a 3 year warranty, making this a safe and secure purchase.
- Bot can be controlled via the My Dolphin App which is available for iOS and Android.
- Wall climbing ability is always appreciated.
- No-nonsense pool cleaner that’s easy to live with.
- This is one of the few models that can be used in a beach entry pool provided it meets the size limitations.
- Many top pool cleaners that fall within this price range have a cartridge-full indicator that let’s the owners know that it’s time to clean the cartridge. The Dolphin M400 lacks this feature. So basically, you have to check the filter manually before firing it up. Cleaning is not as good if the filters are clogged. This also puts a higher load on the motor.
- Sometimes the bot misses out on the pool corners
- Does not fall into the ‘affordable category’
- Availability is a problem. Usually not in stock.
The Dolphin M400 is a powerful, efficient pool cleaning robot that’s almost perfect for small to medium size pools (up to 50 feet).
However, the problem is that this model is very hard to find – even on the internet.
So yes, I suggest picking it up it if you can find it. (Check Amazon.com Here)
However, if you cannot find one to purchase, then I suggest taking a look at the Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus or the Polaris F9550 as they’re both highly capable bots with excellent ratings & feedback as well!