The Dolphin Nautilus Plus by Maytronics is a fully automatic in-ground robotic pool cleaner that offers amazingly stupendous performance and ease of use at a (somewhat) affordable price.
Dolphin Nautilus Plus Features:
1) This bot utilizes CleverClean Pro 3D, a highly advanced intelligent pool scanning system. CleverClean is to a robotic pool cleaner what GPS is to a car. It delivers complete coverage and ensures that no spots or patches get left out.
The Dolphin Nautilus Plus can handle pools of a variety of shapes such as rectangle, square, kidney, oval, circle and so on.
The scanning system studies the size and shape of your pool and then goes on to perform a spotless clean job maximum coverage.
The Dolphin Nautilus have CleverClean technology too. However, the tech in the PLUS model is more advanced and refined.
2) Dual stage fine filtration system: The bot has two filter cartridges. A mesh screen traps larger debris while a polyester cartridge filters ultra-fine dirt.
Even better, the filters are large in size – even larger than those in the Nautilus.
They can be accessed from the top and are easy to clean. Just give them a wash and rinse with a hose or under a tap.
3) Instead of wheels, the Dolphin Nautilus Plus moves using the constantly rotation heavy duty brushes. These brushes scrub with ferocity and to looses even the most stubborn dirt, algae and sediment. They also make the bot a lot faster.
4) The bot can go up walls with ease. It cleans the cove, walls and even the waterline without any problems. Wall climbing ability is a highly desirable trait in pool cleaners and the Dolphin Nautilus Plus excels in this department.
5) 60 feet cables with swivel feature: The cables have a swivel and hence they do not entangle. This prevents the bot from hovering around the same place or malfunctioning.
6) Powerful pump functions independently. It does need to be connected to the pool’s pump or any kind of booster pump.
Dolphins Nautilus Plus Pros:
- The bot is very quiet
- Functions independently. Does not require any sort of supervision on your part. Just start the cycle and return after a couple of hours to a gleaming pool.
- Easy to use. Availability of parts is not a problem. Thanks to Maytronics’ modular system, repairs can be carried out easily and cheaply.
- The 24-month warranty steals the show and makes this almost a no-brainer. Few other robotic pool cleaners offer so much peace of mind.
- Excellent track record. The Dolphin Nautilus plus is a very popular pool cleaner. It is loved by thousands of people from all parts of the USA and the world.
- Exemplary build quality. Does not break easily if maintained properly. Expected to last several seasons if you take good care of it.
Editors Note: The Dolphin Nautilus Plus is my #1 Recommendation in this category. It has over 300 reviews and a 4.5-star rating on Amazon!
Dolphin Nautilus Plus Cons:
- There are no obvious disadvantages. However, the cost is slightly on the higher side.
Dolphin Nautilus Plus Videos
The Dolphin Nautilus Plus is a top pick among pool owners and for good reason too – it is an upgraded version of the popular Nautilus model. It has a bit more oomph and offers more bang for your buck.
Differences between the Nautilus and Nautilus Plus
|Nautilus||Nautilus PLUS with CleverClean|
|Filter Type & Porosity||Bottom access easy-clean cartrige (large & fine debris)||Top access easy-clean cartrige (large & very fine debris)|
|Filter Capacity||Large||Extra Large|
|Turning Radius||Soft Turn||3-point Turn|
|Cleaning Coverage||Optimized Cleaning (floor, wall and up to waterline)||CleverClean Technology (floor, cove, and waterline)|
|Rapid Water Release||No||Yes – filterd water exits in under 6 seconds|
|Customizable Cleaning||Standard – 3 Hours||Standard – 3 Hours|
|Weight||22 lbs||22 lbs|
|Warranty||1 Year||2 Year|
|EasyFix Technology||Yes- DIY||Yes- DIY component level|
|Our Rating||3.5 Stars||4.5 Stars|
|View Price on Amazon||Nautilus||Dolphin Nautilus PLUS|
- Size: The Dolphin Nautilus plus is larger and the filter cartridges are also bigger in size. This means that they can trap more debris in a single cycle.
- Length of cycle: The average cycle of the Nautilus is 3 hours. The Plus model has a shorter cycle at only 2.5 hours.
- In the Nautilus, the filters are accessed from the bottom. This is not a problem as it is a fairly light bot. However, the Plus is a tad heavier and larger and hence the filters are accessible from the top. This makes removing and cleaning them easier and faster. You do not have to flip the robot.
- The Dolphin Nautilus Plus comes equipped with a smarter pool scanning system and this results in better coverage irrespective of the shape and size of the pool.
- The Dolphin Nautilus plus is slightly more expensive, which is not a surprise as it is faster, more convenient and has bigger filters. It is up to you to evaluate whether or not you require the additional features.
- The Dolphin Nautilus Plus is more maneuverable. The Plus can perform a 3 point turn while the basic Nautilus can only do a simple soft turn.
- The Dolphin Nautilus Plus has an exclusive 24-month warranty while the Nautilus comes with only a 1 year warranty.
Editors Note: “The plus IS an overall better Pool Cleaner than the Regular model, BUT that premium does come with a price.”
Dolphin Nautilus Plus Verdict:
& More Reviews
The Dolphin Nautilus Plus is a great pool cleaner.
It’s got 4.5 stars on Amazon and is ONE of the best pool cleaners we’ve reviewed on this site.
You can purchase it will full confidence. Even if something does go wrong, you can always fall upon the awesome after-sales support network.