Dolphin S200 Robotic Pool Cleaner
The Dolphin S200 by Maytronics is a no-fuss, in-ground residential pool cleaner. It is lightweight (16.5 pounds), easy to use and is one of the rare robots that come with a bumper to bumper warranty.
It is extremely good value for money considering that it can climb walls and offers two types of filtering options – one for fine dirt and another one for coarser, larger debris. If you want to keep the pool clean without shelling out a fortune on an overly expensive bot, then the S200 makes a pretty compelling proposition.
Dolphin S200 Features:
1) This robotic pool cleaner has a ‘CleverClean’ scanning system. This means that it navigates the pool efficiently without going over the same areas again and again or without skipping certain parts of the pool. CleverClean technology greatly reduces the chances of it getting stuck around a particular area and ensures a uniform clean.
You don’t have to be anxious about the cleaning process – you can take a nap by the poolside while the Dolphin goes about its job.
2) You don’t need to be an Olympic level power-lifter to lift this thing. It is lightweight yet highly durable. This means that it can be handled with utmost ease by even a 13 year old or a person with a bad back. Less weight equals to less power consumption – leading to higher savings for you!
Also, the Dolphin S200 is super easy to use. You don’t have to fiddle with complicated settings. Drop it in the pool and relax. Clean the filters as necessary (there’s an indicator). That is it!
3) One of the biggest issues with a majority of robotic pool cleaners is that they have either no or very limited wall climbing ability.
They can clean the pool only partially and you’ll have to do the walls yourself. Unless you fancy holding your breath under water and scrubbing away feverishly, you should get a bot which doesn’t run out of grunt on the walls. The Dolphin S200’s efficient but powerful motor tackles inclines and walls with ease. It cleans all surfaces including the bottom, walls and the waterline.
4) One of the hallmarks of this pool cleaner is its Dual Active Brushing system and the PowerStream mobility system. The Dual Active Brushing action scrubs away dirt, algae, sediment and other debris while the Powerstream Mobility System ensures fast release of water and excellent coverage.
5) The Net basket has an option of ultra fine filters. Cleaning it is very simple. The overall set-up is pretty straightforward and can be accessed from the top. This is very convenient as you don’t have to bend down to ground level or lift up the bot in order to access the filters and other components.
Dolphin S200 Pros & Cons
- The Pros
- the cons
- 11) Solid build quality. Give your bot a light shake to check – there are no rattles (as long as you’ve assembled everything properly). Also, the sealing of the treads is superb. The body doesn’t feel flimsy or tacky even though the bot doesn’t weigh very much.
- 22) No-nonsense approach to cleaning. Does not do a haphazard job or incomplete job. Cleans the entire pool right up to the waterline.
- 33) Straightforward assembly means that in case of a malfunction, everything is fairly easy to fix. The robot can be repaired by the dealers (DIY not recommended if it is under warranty). Dolphin cleaners are highly popular and hence replacement parts are easily and cheaply available.
- 44) The 60-Foot Swivel cable prevents tangling and makes this robot suitable for larger swimming pools as well.
- 55) The powerful Dolphin pump can process up to 3735 gallons of water per hour! Two filtering options guarantee not just a superficial but a rigorous and meticulous clean.
- 66) The S200 comes with a bumper to bumper warranty and offers total peace of mind. Till date, Dolphin has sold over a million bots in more than 46 countries. Their robotic pool cleaners are the benchmark in terms of quality and safety.
- 77) A fully automatic device at a very reasonable price tag. This has all the features of top-end models sans the extortionate price tag.
Honestly, this is one of the few robotic pool cleaners that is near perfect. It has no obvious weaknesses. The Dolphin S200 is an efficient, powerful, easy to use robotic pool cleaner with a fantastic price. It is the pool cleaning equivalent of the BMW 3 series – it does everything well.
There is one small issue though. Since this pool cleaner is available mostly in brick and mortar stores, you cannot find too many online reviews for it.
(For what it's worth, you can trust this review though – Dolphin is a highly established brand and we’d have loved to expose chinks in its armor had we found any).
Also, just like other pool cleaners, the S200 might get caught up in and around large bits of debris.
The Final Verdict:
If you can find it, pick up the Dolphin S200 without hesitation. It is a masterpiece of a robotic pool cleaner.
- Here’s the bad news: It’s Not for sale Online anywhere (I’ve looked), you’ll need to pick this one up locally.
- Here’s the Good News & our recommendation: If you’re REALLY deadset on the cool features such as Blutooth, check out the Dolphin Sigma!
- Or for a more budget friendly option, Since it’s difficult if not downright impossible to find an S200 online, check out our #1 Top Rated Robotic Pool Cleaner of all time the Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus!
Our #1 Recommendation
Check out the Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus, our #1 Recommended Robotic Pool Cleaner!