Dolphin Triton Robotic Pool Cleaner Review
The Dolphin Triton PS (PowerStream) By Maytronics is designed for in-ground swimming pools up to 50 feet in length.
It is up to 8 times more efficient than conventional pressure and suction cleaners. With it’s powerful motor, it makes for a great cleaning bot for residential pools.
What makes this model standout from other cleaners is that despite being loaded to the brim with useful features, it’s still pretty easy to use. It is lightweight and has a weekly scheduler to ensure that the pool gets cleaned regularly. Let’s check out all the Triton’s features in a bit more detail and find out what makes this bot so awesome.
Dolphin Triton Features:
- The Dolphin Triton possesses exceptional cleaning power. While many bots are advertised as having wall-climbing ability, in reality they struggle with it for lack of traction. The Triton though is equipped with PowerStream action -powerful jets ensure a continuous grip on vertical surfaces and facilitate rigorous wall and waterline scrubbing.
- Motor packs quite a punch but is energy efficient at the same time. The average cost of operation is only 5 cents per kwh. Moreover, the bot does not require any kind of external booster pump or hoses.
- Active brushing provides 2 times the scrubbing power to ensure a spanking clean swimming pool after each cycle. Maytronics claims that this is the first automatic pool cleaner to have the Active Brushing 2x feature.
- Advanced CleverClean system for immaculate scanning and navigation. Works in all shapes of pools, be it rectangular, oval etc.
- The bot comes with a 60 foot tangle-free cable with patented swivel technology. This prevents the Triton from getting stuck and ensures uninterrupted, frustration-free cleaning.
- Extra-large top loading basket provides easy access to the filters, which are super easy to clean – just rinse and reload.
- Fine and ultra-fine filters to trap all types of debris including leaves, pebbles, algae, very small dirt particles and so on.
- Has a brisk cleaning cycle of just 2 hours. What’s more, the scheduler allows you to program the bot to clean the pool everyday, every other day or every third day – depending upon usage.
- Lightweight and ergonomic design – easy to hold and carry.
- Fast water release – comes out of the water without any hassle. Although, it can also stay in the pool 24x7.
Dolphin Triton Pros:
- 24 months warranty for total peace of mind. This is a pricey piece of equipment and it’s good to know that you’re covered in case of any hiccups.
- Maytronics is a leading pool cleaner brand. Products backed by 35 years of innovation. Relatively easy availability of spare parts.
- Easy to use – weighs under 17 pounds, automatic scheduling, no need for booster pumps and such
- Even though the price is slightly high, the cost of cleaning is very affordable.
- This model enjoys positive customer feedback. This is important as a product may have fantastic specs but often, they don’t translate to practicality and real world performance.
- Many customers complain that pool cleaning robots, including some of the top end models, leave black marks on pool surfaces. The Triton though, cleans thoroughly and does NOT leave any kind of marks.
Dolphin Triton Cons:
- Bad news for tech-savvy users. The Triton PS does NOT work with the My Dolphin App and unlike it’s older cousin (Dolphin Triton PLUS), it does not have Bluetooth. Many users don’t mind this though as they find the app to be a bit fiddly and cannot be bothered with Bluetooth pairing and stuff. (Please look at the Triton Plus if Bluetooth and App connectivity is a priority for you)
- This is definitely not a cheap robot. However, the quality is top notch.
- Not suitable for larger swimming pools. (length>50 feet)
The Final Verdict:
This bot impresses with its long list of features and remarkable specifications. It offers solid performance, even if it comes at a slightly dear price tag.
At this price, it should have included App compatibility and Bluetooth but this is certainly not a deal breaker.
Most importantly, the bot climbs wall and does it extremely well – many cleaners fail miserably at this but certainly not the Triton.
We definitely recommend the Dolphin Triton for in-ground pools even though it is priced perilously close to the highly acclaimed Dolphin Nautilius CC Plus (our #1 Choice).
Final Score: 4/5