Dolphin Explorer E30 Review
Thanks for stopping by for my Dolphin Explorer E30 Review!
Now, as you no doubt know (otherwise you would not be here), Robotic Pool cleaners, especially the robotic kinds, are quickly becoming a must-have appliance for homeowners.
In case you’re too young to remember, pools are huge expenses that usually only the very well-off can afford. A part of the reason was that their maintenance entailed hiring professional cleaners to come in once every few days or a week. Many people who wanted a were quickly deterred by the recurring cost that represented.
But with robotic pool cleaners, all the hardship and effort that goes into maintaining a pool is covered by an energy-efficient intelligent little helper. Robotic pool cleaners can have you pool spotless in just a few hours while saving you a good chunk of money in the process.
Why Listen to Me?
I've been in and around swimming pools since before I could walk!
- As a kid, I spent the summers at my grandpa's in the pool for what seems like 6-8 hours a day
- As an adult, I've had my own pool since I first owned my house!
- I've used & tested DOZENS of Robotic Pool Cleaners the past 25 years, I know what to look for, and am here to share my experience with you!
Though robotic pool cleaners are great, they’re not all created equally.
Some are worth the price and provide the most bang for your buck. Others might fall short.
I got my hands on the dolphin explorer e30 pool cleaner and used it for 30 days!
Dolphin Explorer E30 Features
Let's take a look at some of the more noteworthy features we enjoyed while testing it!
Front High-Speed Scrubber with Standard Back Scrubber
To deal with the amount of dirt, silt, and algae that can build up in the walls and floor of your pool, you need a pool cleaner that can keep up.
We loved the fact that the Dolphin Explorer E30 has high-speed scrubbers in both its front and back. We found it was able to easily pick up dirt and grime on the pool's floor and scale the pool’s walls due to this feature.
The motor of the Dolphin Explorer E30 is the highlight of this machine.
When selecting a pool cleaner, one of the most important criteria to consider is power and how that translates to an optimal suction rate.
Part of what makes this machine an effective cleaning companion is its high suction rate.
At 4000 GPH, the Dolphin Explorer E30 is undoubtedly effective at sucking up every speck of unwanted particles from your pool.
Cleans pool up to 50 ft. large
Like robotic pool cleaners, not all pools are made equal. Some are smaller and easily managed while others can be large and grand.
Their walls can also be made of a variety of different materials.
In my case, our pools floors and walls are made up of both polymer and granite, and the explorer e30 had no problems transitioning between the two.
2 hours of cleaning cycle time
Although it would take at least half a day to clean a 50 ft. manually, the Dolphin Explorer E30 professes to be able to do it in around 2 hours.
When considering its high suction rate and the large size of its filter basket, there’s no reason to say this isn’t true.
That is unless your pool is extra dirty and would likely need maybe an hour longer.
Automatic weekly scheduler
You can schedule the Explorer E30 to automatically clean your pool each week using three settings- every day, every other day, or every 3rd day.
You just have to make sure to check and clean out the filter now and again. It is also not advisable to leave the pool cleaner in the pool 24/7.
Even a robotic pool cleaner as advanced as this one needs a break sometimes.
Its Weight Makes It Easy To Handle
- The E30 weighs about 16 lbs., making it very lightweight compared to earlier models of robotic pool cleaners. I certainly remember a time when they used to weigh a ton and getting them from the garage to the pool was a workout in itself.
- This, along with a tangle-free complimentary power cord, means the Dolphin Explorer E30 is one easy-to-handle pool cleaner.
The Large Basket
Finally, the Dolphin Explorer E30’s large basket minimizes the need to constantly fish out the unit and empty the filter.
It can accommodate more debris and dirt, allowing the unit to stay in the water longer and clean continuously.
- A Good Investment. Being energy-efficient, sustainably designed, and highly durable, the Dolphin Explorer E30 might be the last robotic pool cleaner you’ll need to buy in a long while. Overall, we’d say that this particular model represents a good investment for buyers.
- Effective Pool Cleaning. Though it might take longer than the supposed 2 hour cleaning time, the Dolphin Explorer E30 is effective when getting a pool sufficiently clean in as little time as possible. And with the Weekly Scheduling feature, it's an appliance that you almost forget is there–being reminded of it only when you notice the pool in impeccable shape.
- Lightweight and Easy to Handle. It’s easy to take for granted how important this feature is. Bulky, complicated robotic pool cleaners tend to cost more stress than what they’re worth. The Dolphin Explorer E30 does its job without being cumbersome or requiring the user’s manual to always be at hand.
- Versatile and Adaptable to Your Needs. With the abilities of this robotic pool cleaner, you have more time to spend doing more meaningful tasks. It can handle a large pool sporting any type of surface and can simply be left alone to do its thing as you go about your daily life.
- Not Wi-Fi Ready. Not necessarily a deal-breaker though if you’re going to get a robotic pool cleaner, it’s understandable if you want one that pools all the stops. Being Wi-Fi ready means your pool cleaner can be controlled remotely, usually through your smartphone. This is an extra layer of convenience that the Dolphin Explorer E30 does not have.
- Sports Only A Single Filter Basket. Other models of Dolphin robotic pool cleaners sport 2 large baskets and varying degrees of filter sizes. Though this does not mean the unit can’t guarantee a spotless pool, it might not be as thorough. If you’re looking for a pool cleaner that provides the deepest clean possible, then the Dolphin Explorer E30 might not be your first choice.
- Might Fall Short When Compared To Other Dolphin Models. With just a few bucks extra, you can get a Dolphin robotic pool cleaner that comes with more high-tech features. Overall, the Dolphin Explorer E30 is an affordable option that does the job and does it well. But if you’re looking for the top-of-the-line, then you might want to look at the Dolphin robotic pool cleaners with higher price points.
Dolphin explorer e30 review & final Verdict (4.8/5)
The Dolphin Explorer E30 is a good purchase for a buyer looking for something simple, easy, and straightforward.
It’s unpretentious and focused more on getting your pool clean than anything else.
It comes at a more affordable price point than other Dolphin cleaners so that’s a plus if you’re on a tight budget.
The main point of interest for the Dolphin Explorer E30 is its high suction rate and energy efficiency.
These are qualities that are highly important as they mean you can get your pool effectively cleaned without running up a large electric bill.
The Dolphin Explorer E30 can handle pools as large as 50 ft. and get it cleaned in as little as 2 hours, depending on the gravity of cleaning.
This is already larger than most residential pools, making it ideal for heavy-duty use. On top of that, the rubber scrubbers mean that despite being effective, no damage is done along the way.
And that was our review of the Dolphin Explorer E30.
The final decision, of course, rests with you. For all that it doesn’t have, this particular model makes up for it with sheer cleaning power and an uncomplicated approach to pool cleaning.
Overall, the Dolphin Explorer E30 is definitely recommended.
Our #1 Recommendation
Check out the Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus, our #1 Recommended Robotic Pool Cleaner!