Polaris F9550 (All Season) Robotic Pool Cleaner Review
There are ordinary pool cleaners and then there are pool cleaners like the Polaris F9550, which sit several notches above in the hierarchy of... well, pool cleaners 🙂
If the Polaris F9550 were a dinosaur, it would certainly be the Velociraptor because it just oozes awesomeness!
Despite being a bot, it almost seems to have a personality of its own – it attacks debris with the ferocity of a Tasmanian Devil. If that does not impress you, the premium features and all season kit certainly will 🙂
All season, because people who can afford this pool cleaner can probably afford to heat the pool during the winters. (Just Kidding, to be honest, this bot is actually quite good value for money considering all the top end features and the 2 year warranty)
Even if you use the pool only for some months a year, you still have to maintain it all year round and cleaning is the most basic component of pool maintenance.
The Polaris F9550 can tackle pools up to 60 feet in length. It works perfectly on all surfaces and in pools of all sizes and shapes.
The package includes the Polaris F9550 Sport cleaner, an extra all purpose filter canister, a wide mesh leaf canister for trapping large and stubborn debris plus a fine mesh canister for silt and pollen.
Let's explore the bots features in a bit more detail.
Polaris F9550 Features:
- The bot comes with 70 feet of cable with a state-of-the-art swivel to prevent entanglement.
- The caddy (included) makes it easy to transport and store the robot. It is sturdy and can be assembled within minutes without any mechanical tools.
- 4 WD Aqua-Trax tires generate more than enough traction to tackle steep slopes and walls. The F9550 can climb walls with the composure of a seasoned mountaineer.
- Power and grip alone are not enough to clean a swimming pool thoroughly. Many robots have ample power but they just run around in circles and miss key areas of the pool. Hence, an advanced navigation system is indispensable for precise scrubbing in pools of varying shapes and sizes. The F9550 is equipped with ActivMotion sensing technology, which provides unmatched navigation and cleans tight spots and even steps. (Note that most premium pool cleaners struggle with steps.)
- If a certain area of the pool requires a bit of extra TLC, the intuitive motion sensing remote control (handheld) enables the user to steer the robot to the desired area and eliminate even the last remnants of debris from the pool.
- The F9550 gets rid of all types of debris ranging from big leaves and twigs to silt and pollen. Vortex vacuum technology enables the bot to trap even larger sized debris without any hassle.
- The 7 day programmable timer is an added bonus. Just set it and forget it – the bot will clean the pool at the scheduled times without any manual intervention. Users can customize cleaning cycles based on pool usage.
- A dirty canister indicator tells users when it’s time to clean out the easy access filters.
- The business end of the bot, i.e. the solid blade brush cleans waterline and removes all sorts of silt and other deposits.
- An A-to-Z pool cleaning solution. No need to buy extra filters or booster pumps and external hoses. Caddy is included.
- Does the walls and steps too!
- Programmable timer basically puts pool cleaning on auto-pilot
- Handheld remote for spot cleaning
- EasyLift system makes it easy to remove the bot out of the pool.
- Polaris (owned by Zodiac Pool Systems) is a leading and trustworthy brand backed by 4 decades of innovation and experience
- Limited 2 year warranty
- May not fit everyone’s budget as the price is high. (You do get a lot of kit for the price though)
- For in-ground pools only
If budget is not a concern, we recommend that you go ahead and buy it.
It comes decked with many useful features, quality is not an issue and customer feedback is also very good.
People who have bought it cannot stop shouting its praises to the hills!
Overall Score: 4.7/5