Polaris 9350 Sport Review
Hey All, Shiloh here and THANK YOU for stopping by to check out my Polaris 9350 Sport Review!
I've been in and around swimming pools since before I could walk, and recently I was able to get my hands on the 9350 Robotic Pool Cleaner, by Polaris.
Why Listen to Me?
I've been in and around swimming pools since before I could walk!
- As a kid, I spent the summers at my grandpa's in the pool for what seems like 6-8 hours a day
- As an adult, I've had my own pool since I first owned my house!
- I've used & tested DOZENS of Robotic Pool Cleaners the past 25 years, I know what to look for, and am here to share my experience with you!
As you know, not all robotic pool cleaners are made equally. A lot of them are no better than manual suction cleaning, not being able to get the pool sufficiently cleaned in the timeframe advertised.
I got my hands on the Polaris 9350 Sport Robotic Pool Cleaner and used it for 30 days!
So, in this article, we’ll see which category it falls under.
Is the 9350 sport a waste of money ORRRRRRRRR a must-have cleaning accessory that gives more than it takes? Well, let’s find out together.
Polaris 9350 Sport Features:
Let's Look At What Makes It Tick!
Easy Clean Extra-Large Filter Canister
Even if you have a robotic pool cleaner that’s good at cleaning, if it comes with a small filter then all the convenience of the unit is lost.
It can get really cumbersome to always have to fish out the cleaner from the pool and empty a canister you had just emptied 30 minutes ago!
Luckily, the filter canister of the Polaris 9350 Sport is thankfully large. This allows it to complete a cycle, or several, without needing to be bothered with.
The mesh of the filter is also quite tight, meaning debris is captured and contained from the surface of your pool and stays within the filter.
To clean, the filter is easily emptied with a simple shake and spray of water.
Vortex Vacuum Technology
Instead of regaling the buyer with motor types, voltages, and other incomprehensible engineering jargon, the makers of the Polaris 9350 Sport have consolidated all the cleaning capabilities of the unit into what they call the Vortex Vacuum Technology.
In a nutshell, this feature means that the unit has an oversized suction intake that captures large debris and keeps it suspended in constant motion for long-lasting cleaning performance.
This is a feature that’s also shared with other Polaris pool cleaners, allowing them all to stand out from the competition. When paired with the pleated scrubbers that are continuously shoving water into the unit’s filter, you have one beast of a pool cleaner.
Easy Lift System
In the spirit of making things as easy for the pool owners as possible, the creators of the Polaris 9350 Sport have added an Easy Lift System to the unit. This feature simply means that a push of a button automatically evacuates water, allowing the cleaner to rise to the surface for effortless removal from the pool.
Though not a feature that's unique to the Polaris 9350 Sport alone, it is still a convenient little add-on that saves you from having to physically get into the pool when you want to take the cleaner out.
2-Wheel Drive and Wall-Climbing Technology
The Polaris 9350 Sport moves on a 2-Wheel Drive technology that allows you to glide through any pool surface with ease. It also facilitates the overcoming of obstacles like stairs, steps, or pool lights with ease as well.
The great thing about how the wheels of the unit are built is that they don’t scratch or damage the pool at all. Some pool cleaners can’t help but leave marks on your pool’s surface every time you use it. This is simply not the case with the Polaris 9350 Sport. The unit can also scale the walls of your pool and effectively clean the waterline.
Come With A Premium Caddy That’s Also A Remote Control
Though only about 20 pounds in weight (many Polaris robotic pool cleaners can weigh upwards of 40 pounds), the unit comes with an easily-assembled and premium-designed caddy to stroll it around.
This caddy also comes with a control box that allows you to control the unit remotely.
So whenever you need the unit, you can just pull it out of the garage and wheel it in beside your pool. Drop it in and simply walk away as it begins its cleaning cycle which lasts about 1.5 to 2 hours.
Some Observations And Things We Liked
Part of the reason why this unit is so efficient at cleaning is due to its highly advanced sensors. With a feature like ActivMotion Sensor Technology, the Polaris 9350 Sport has unmatchable navigation, even in larger and free-from pools.
The unit also comes with a 60 ft. seemingly durable cable that also has a swivel that prevents tangling.
I have said it before and I’ll say it again, I hate detangling really long hoses, wires, and cords.
I’ve spent too many hours of my life trying to detangle them, and after a while, you start to wonder why no one has come up with an effective solution to this problem. The cable of Polaris 9350 Sport is, thanks to its uniquely designed swivel, not prone to tangling. It can also be neatly spun around the back of the caddy as an easy storage solution.
The pool cleaner comes with a warranty but one should take note that the manufacturers’ warranties may not apply in all cases.
It really does depend on factors such as the use of the product, where the product was purchased, or who you purchased the product from. Please review the warranty carefully, and contact the manufacturer if you have any questions.
- Surprisingly Energy-Efficient. One might think that being such a technologically advanced machine might make it heavy on energy consumption. Though it's a fairly logical assumption to make, it’s simply not true. Compared to other robotic pool cleaning models, the Polaris 9350 Sport is up to 40% more energy efficient.
- Makes For Healthier Swimming. By having a robotic pool cleaner working alongside your pool's innate filtration system, you provide an extra line of defense against dirt, silt, and algae. This also minimizes the need for you to resort to powerful chemicals that might be a danger to you and your family’s health.
- The Caddy Is A Nice Little Touch. Though by no means necessary, the fact that the creators went the extra mile to include a caddy for easier transport of the unit points to how committed they are to providing convenience. Plus, the buttons present on the control box make managing the unit’s cleaning all the more personalized.
- Superior Cleaning Action. With the Vortex Vacuum Technology, the pleated scrubbers, and the extra-large canister filter, the Polaris 9350 Sport has all the features and tools it needs to provide your pool with a superior clean in as little time as possible.
- Competitively Priced. The Polaris 9350 Sport is surprisingly affordable given all the features it boasts. Robotic vacuum cleaners with similar features usually cost way more than what this unit is going for.
- Made By A Well-Trusted Brand. For more than 40 years, Polaris has been known worldwide for its quality and premium robotic pool cleaners. In many countries, their pool cleaners have become the benchmark against which all others are measured. The bottom line is that Polaris pool cleaners are built to last and are proven to clean where others can't.
- Lacks The Innovations of Other Polaris Models. Without Wi-Fi capabilities that allow for greater control and convenience or the dirty canister indicator, the unit lacks some of the most loved features supported by other Polaris models.
- Might Need Multiple Cycles For Truly Effective Cleaning. The Polaris 9350 Sport is an effective cleaning companion from a small to a medium-sized pool. With large pools though, you might have to perform several cycles to ensure the whole pool is spotless.
Polaris 9350 Sport Review & Final Verdict
I feel that the Polaris 9350 Sport is a top-grade robotic pool vacuum cleaner. It might not be perfect but can certainly clean with a passion.
If you’re looking for a pool cleaner that's easy, affordable, and does the job without needing too much attention, then there’s no question that the Polaris 9350 Sport is something you should consider.
The best features of this unit are the Vortex Vacuum Technology and the extra-large filter canister, both created to provide the most efficient clean possible.
Sadly, the Polaris 9350 Sport lacks some of the more modern features enjoyed by owners of other Polaris models.
If you’re looking for a robotic pool cleaner with the most high-tech features, then the Polaris 9350 Sport might not be the ideal unit for you.
When all is said and done though, the good features of the Polaris 9350 Sport outweigh any drawbacks. The Polaris 9350 Sport is definitely recommended for purchase.
Let me know if you have any questions, and thank you for reading! 🙂
Our #1 Recommendation
Check out the Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus, our #1 Recommended Robotic Pool Cleaner!