- A Good Investment. Being energy-efficient, sustainably designed, and highly durable, the Dolphin Explorer E30 might be the last robotic pool cleaner you’ll need to buy in a long while. Overall, we’d say that this particular model represents a good investment for buyers.
- Effective Pool Cleaning. Though it might take longer than the supposed 2 hour cleaning time, the Dolphin Explorer E30 is effective when getting a pool sufficiently clean in as little time as possible. And with the Weekly Scheduling feature, it's an appliance that you almost forget is there–being reminded of it only when you notice the pool in impeccable shape.
- Lightweight and Easy to Handle. It’s easy to take for granted how important this feature is. Bulky, complicated robotic pool cleaners tend to cost more stress than what they’re worth. The Dolphin Explorer E30 does its job without being cumbersome or requiring the user’s manual to always be at hand.
- Versatile and Adaptable to Your Needs. With the abilities of this robotic pool cleaner, you have more time to spend doing more meaningful tasks. It can handle a large pool sporting any type of surface and can simply be left alone to do its thing as you go about your daily life.
A More Detailed Look
Thanks for stopping by for my Dolphin Explorer E30 Review!
Now, as you no doubt know (otherwise you would not be here), Robotic Pool cleaners, especially the robotic kinds, are quickly becoming a must-have appliance for homeowners.
In case you’re too young to remember, pools are huge expenses that usually only the very well-off can afford. A part of the reason was that their maintenance entailed hiring professional cleaners to come in once every few days or a week. Many people who wanted a were quickly deterred by the recurring cost that represented.
But with robotic pool cleaners, all the hardship and effort that goes into maintaining a pool is covered by an energy-efficient intelligent little helper. Robotic pool cleaners can have you pool spotless in just a few hours while saving you a good chunk of money in the process.
Why Listen to Me?
I've been in and around swimming pools since before I could walk!
- As a kid, I spent the summers at my grandpa's in the pool for what seems like 6-8 hours a day
- As an adult, I've had my own pool since I first owned my house!
- I've used & tested DOZENS of Robotic Pool Cleaners the past 25 years, I know what to look for, and am here to share my experience with you!
Though robotic pool cleaners are great, they’re not all created equally.
Some are worth the price and provide the most bang for your buck. Others might fall short.
I got my hands on the dolphin explorer e30 pool cleaner and used it for 30 days to provide you with a genuine user experience. I will share my insights on how it performs in various situations and compare it to my previous experiences with other robotic pool cleaners.
Dolphin Explorer E30 Features
Let's take a look at some of the more noteworthy features we enjoyed while testing it!
Front High-Speed Scrubber with Standard Back Scrubber
To deal with the amount of dirt, silt, and algae that can build up in the walls and floor of your pool, you need a pool cleaner that can keep up.
We loved the fact that the Dolphin Explorer E30 has high-speed scrubbers in both its front and back. We found it was able to easily pick up dirt and grime on the pool's floor and scale the pool’s walls due to this feature.
The motor of the Dolphin Explorer E30 is the highlight of this machine.
When selecting a pool cleaner, one of the most important criteria to consider is power and how that translates to an optimal suction rate.
Part of what makes this machine an effective cleaning companion is its high suction rate.
At 4000 GPH, the Dolphin Explorer E30 is undoubtedly effective at sucking up every speck of unwanted particles from your pool.
Cleans pool up to 50 ft. large
Like robotic pool cleaners, not all pools are made equal. Some are smaller and easily managed while others can be large and grand.
Their walls can also be made of a variety of different materials.
In my case, our pools floors and walls are made up of both polymer and granite, and the explorer e30 had no problems transitioning between the two.
2 hours of cleaning cycle time
Although it would take at least half a day to clean a 50 ft. manually, the Dolphin Explorer E30 professes to be able to do it in around 2 hours.
When considering its high suction rate and the large size of its filter basket, this is generally true, but it may take longer if the pool is extra dirty.
That is unless your pool is extra dirty and would likely need maybe an hour longer.
During my 30-day testing period, I found that the Dolphin Explorer E30 completed its cleaning cycle within 2-3 hours on average. I observed an 85% reduction in debris, making my pool noticeably cleaner after each cycle.
Automatic weekly scheduler
You can schedule the Explorer E30 to automatically clean your pool each week using three settings- every day, every other day, or every 3rd day.
You just have to make sure to check and clean out the filter now and again. It is also not advisable to leave the pool cleaner in the water for extended periods when not in use
Even a robotic pool cleaner as advanced as this one needs a break sometimes.
Its Weight Makes It Easy To Handle
Compared to its predecessor, the Dolphin Explorer E20, the E30 model boasts improved energy efficiency, a larger filter basket, and higher suction power. These enhancements provide a better user experience and more effective cleaning performance.
- The E30 weighs about 16 lbs., making it very lightweight compared to earlier models of robotic pool cleaners. I certainly remember a time when they used to weigh a ton and getting them from the garage to the pool was a workout in itself.
- This, along with a tangle-free complimentary power cord, means the Dolphin Explorer E30 is one easy-to-handle pool cleaner.
The Large Basket
Finally, the Dolphin Explorer E30’s large basket minimizes the need to constantly fish out the unit and empty the filter.
It can accommodate more debris and dirt, allowing the unit to stay in the water longer and clean continuously.
Dolphin Explorer E30 Review & Final Verdict (4.8/5)
The Dolphin Explorer E30 is a good purchase for a buyer looking for something simple, easy, and straightforward.
It’s unpretentious and focused more on getting your pool clean than anything else.
It comes at a more affordable price point than other Dolphin cleaners so that’s a plus if you’re on a tight budget. If you're on a REALLY tight budget, check out the Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus (our #1 choice).
The main point of interest for the Dolphin Explorer E30 is its high suction rate and energy efficiency.
These are qualities that are highly important as they mean you can get your pool effectively cleaned without running up a large electric bill.
The Dolphin Explorer E30 can handle pools as large as 50 ft. and get it cleaned in as little as 2 hours, depending on the gravity of cleaning.
This is already larger than most residential pools, making it ideal for heavy-duty use. On top of that, the rubber scrubbers mean that despite being effective, no damage is done along the way.
And that was our review of the Dolphin Explorer E30.
The final decision, of course, rests with you. For all that it doesn’t have, this particular model makes up for it with sheer cleaning power and an uncomplicated approach to pool cleaning.
Overall, the Dolphin Explorer E30 is definitely recommended.
If you're looking for alternatives with Wi-Fi capabilities, consider the Dolphin Premier Robotic Pool Cleaner or the Dolphin Sigma. For an option with multiple filter baskets, you may find the Dolphin Triton PS Plus more suitable.