A More Detailed Look
The Dolphin Oasis Z5i Robotic Pool Cleaner is an upgraded version of the previous cleaners, featuring better technology and enhanced durability.
As you no doubt know, the point of robotic pools vacuum cleaners is for you to have all the benefits of your pool without the chores of cleaning and maintenance that go with it.
Though there are a lot of robotic pool cleaners to choose from in the market, not all are made equal.
Some fully warrant the price at which they’re sold while others are more worth than they’re worth.
Luckily, we’re here to filter out (filter, get it?) the noise and see which ones are the models worthy to serve you and your pool.
Editors Note: Click Here for my #1 Recommendation in this category. It has over 3000 positive reviews and a 4.5-star rating on Amazon!
Why Listen to Me?
I've been in and around swimming pools since before I could walk!
As a kid, I spent the summers at my grandpa's in the pool for what seems like 6-8 hours a day, and have had pools of my own for my entire adult lift.
I've used & tested DOZENS of Robotic Pool Cleaners the past 25 years, I know what to look for, and am here to share my experience with you!
For this review, we’ll be tackling the DOLPHIN Oasis Z5i, running down all its notable features and weighing in on its pros and cons.
- Can it clean your pool as efficiently as it is marketed?
- Do its features live up to its price point or is it just another money-grubbing dud?
- Well, read on to find out!
DOLPHIN OASIS Z5I FEATURES:
The Dolphin Oasis Z5i also features swivel cuffs which allows you to clean more efficiently. The cable on the unit is 50 feet long, which should give you plenty of slack when cleaning walls or stairs around your pool.
It's very convenient to maintain since you only have to replace the filter after every 1000 hours of operation or once a month if your pool is used 7 days per week.
This means that all you need to do in order to keep this pool cleaner working properly is clean the dirty filter. This task can be easily done within 10 minutes by rinsing the dirty filter under running water.
Let's examine some more of the features in detail:
2.5 Hours Cleaning Time
The main claim to fame of this particular model of pool vacuum cleaner is that it can have your pool “exceptionally spotless” in 2.5 hours or less.
Floors, waterlines, and walls are said to be returned to their original form after every cycle.
This is achieved thanks to 2 powerful rubber scrubbers and the trademark motor sported all Dolphin models.
It can clean up to 50 feet in depth
It can easily make quick work of a large pool area, although not as quick as the other Dolphin models of its kind.
It cleans without leaving any marks or damages to the pool’s surfaces though, something that grates on the nerves of pool owners using other brands of robotic pool cleaners.
Extra Large Twin Cartridges (More Filtering)
A large cartridge means that it can accommodate more pool dirt and grime, not having to be cleaned out as often as other pool cleaner models. Here, there are two of them!
That means that you can just drop the unit and let it clean the entire pool without interruption.
The unit also comes with two filtering options, one for general cleaning and another for filtering finer things like silt, dirt, and algae.
We truly live in a technologically-advanced age. Now, your robot cleaner can be turned on and managed through a few taps on your mobile device.
Through the MyDolphin Plus App, you hardly have to get up off of your reclining chair as you monitor and control the DOLPHIN Oasis Z5i with just a few taps.
Being Wi-Fi ready means that the DOLPHIN Oasis Z5i can be steered remotely.
Though the mapping technology that goes into robotic vacuum cleaners is truly something out of science fiction, there will be cases where the DOLPHIN Oasis Z5i misses a few spots.
With remote steering, you can direct the cleaner to the areas that need more attention and ensure that not a single patch of algae survives your vacuum cleaner’s onslaught.
It has 5 different operation modes:
- 1st mode - Skim Mode uses extremely low voltage to clean the surface of your pool using less than 50W of power.
- 2nd mode - Standard Mode allows the cleaner to clean any type of floor within your pool.
- 3rd mode - Extreme Mode is programmed to allow the robot to clean walls, waterline and steps efficiently while minimizing stress on bearings by speeding up paddle rotation speed.
- 4th mode - Cove Mode allows the unit to clean pool cove and filter area for a more thorough cleaning.
- 5th mode - Auto-Docking is an automatic docking and recovery system that enables the robot to automatically return to its base while recharging itself. It also means less time on your part, since you simply press the button and let it work while you do something else!
You can program the cleaner to clean pools for between 3 hours and 7 hours in a single session.
You can set up Cleaning Cycles with up to 4 start times per week with AquaSmart Pool Integration, which works with pools using IntelliTouch Controls or PebbleTec Sensors.
However, if your pool is without a control system then all is not lost! You can still automate your pool cleaning with AquaSmart Technology and AquaSmart Remote Control.
Other Noteworthy features
- The Dolphin Oasis Z51 also does not require any intricate set up beforehand. Once you have the MyDolphin Plus App downloaded on your phone, you can simply drop the unit into the pool and start cleaning right away.
- All of the DOLPHIN’s pool cleaner models are 8 times more energy-efficient than pressure and suction cleaners and do not rely on any additional pumps or hoses to get the job done. With an average operating cost of 5 cents per hour, you can save energy with every pool cleaning.
- The unit also comes with a tangle-proof 50 ft. long submersible cable and a complimentary 3-year warranty.
OUR REVIEW & FINAL VERDICT
The Dolphin Oasis Z5i is one of our top picks for best robotic pool cleaners . It has so many unique features such as smart navigation, adjustable cleaning cycles, and the ability to clean waterlines and steps that it makes it worth every penny.
It goes beyond regular pool surface cleaning by cleaning steps and waterlines, which makes it the best choice for people with gunite pools too!
If it's a bit too expensive for you, check out the Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus, our #1 recommendation!