1) It weighs only 16.5 pounds.
2) Simultaneous Triple filtration. Filter can be accessed from the top and its easy to clean. The entire setup is simple yet efficient.
3) Globally recognized brand. World leader in robotic pool cleaner technology. Guaranteed peace of mind.
4) 3 types of cleaning cycles depending upon how dirty the pool is. The basic 1.5 hr cycle is good for a general maintenance. However, if the pool has been ignored for a while, the 2 and 2.5 hr cycles provide a deep and thorough clean.
5) The energy saving power-supply uses less electricity and boosts savings. According to top industry sources, an average cycle costs about 14 cents. (This figure varies).
6) Popular model and brand. The robot can be repaired easily and availability of parts is not a problem.
1) The robot is pricey. Expect a 4 digit price tag. Not suitable for those on a tight budget. (Dolphin has some good models at lower price points. You might want to check out the Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus
2) The big filter is a huge plus but it also has a downside. The bot becomes heavy if the pool is too dirty and then it struggles while going up walls. You have to stop the cycle, clean the filter and restart it again. Also, there’s no filter bag full indicator so you have to keep guessing.
3) There’s no dual drive motor. So please don’t expect 100% control while using the app.
Review & Final Verdict:
The S300i is a top-of-the-line robotic pool cleaner with a bumper to bumper warranty.
The Bad News:
- It’s typically sold in stores and can be difficult to find online.
- It’s Not Cheap (it costs about $1,400 when you can find it)
The Good News:
It’s a FANTASTIC Robotic Pool Cleaner, so Go for it if price is not a problem AND if you can find it online or in stock. Otherwise, save some money, and pick up the Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus (it’s also Our #1 Recommendation, and a Top Seller on Amazon).
The Maytronics Dolphin S 300i is a premium in-ground robotic pool cleaner that can be controlled via a smartphone application. Now the bot itself is pretty smart and doesn’t need much help navigating. Still, some pools are shaped oddly and a few places might need a little extra bit of attention. This is where the app comes into play. It allows you to steer the bot to the exact spot that got left out. This feature is quite handy as we all know how irritating it feels to have a clean pool with just the one bad patch!
The S300i is Dolphin’s flagship offering and incorporates advanced functions without compromising on ease of use.
Dolphin S300i Features
1) PowerStream Mobility System: This one of a kind system is in the process of being patented. It uses multi-directional flow of water to exceptional stability and grip even on walls and steep inclines. This facilitates cleaning with painstaking precision.
As you know, the motor of a robot sucks/expels water in a particular direction to generate thrust. However, the S300i can control the flow of water in more than one direction simultaneously. This lets it navigate complex spaces such as steps, coves and so on. The bot even cleans the waterline with an almost feverish zeal. The front part protrudes slightly above the water to ensure maximum friction.
2) The Dolphin S is equipped with a multi-layer filtration system. It separates and filters dirt according to its size – rough, fine and even super-fine dirt particles do not escape it. This triple-stage filtration occurs simultaneously.
The extra-large filter can withstand a complete cycle. It does not become full quickly and you do not have to interrupt the cycle in order to clean the filter – unless the pool has not been cleaned in a while and is very dirty.
3) The s300i’s pump is a very capable unit. It can filter up to a staggering 3735 gallons of water in just 60 minutes. This means that the S300i cleans the pool in record time. So you spend less time cleaning and more time enjoying the pool.
4) Swivel Cable with a length of 59 feet. The swivel feature prevents the cable from wrapping around itself. Doesn’t seem like much right now but few things are as annoying as having to untangle a bot and restarting the cycle all over again!
5) Top-access to the quick release filter. This is very convenient as you don’t need to flip the robot over or bend down to ground level to access the filter.
6) My Dolphin Application: This application allows you to control the pool cleaner remotely. It’s a blessing as you can maneuver the bot in position if it misses out on a particular spot (this is highly unlikely but it does happen sometimes). The remote control is much better than jumping into the pool and scrubbing the bottom yourself. If the LED light in the font glows blue, the machine is in automatic cleaning mode. However, when you select remote control, the LED switches to green.
7) Phenomenal wall climbing ability: This is perhaps the most impressive feature of the S200i. It can climb walls while keeping its composure. It cleans steps and even the waterline – you do not have to do any manual cleaning whatsoever. If it does miss out a spot, you can steer it into place through the app.
8) Advanced active brush is suitable for all types of terrain and surfaces. The bristles do not leave scour marks on the tiles.
9) Delayed start enables sediment to settle and makes for a better clean.
10) Weekly timer prevents you from forgetting to clean the pool.