Polaris Vac-Sweep 360 Features At A Glance
In-Ground Pools, No Booster Pump Needed, Captures Large Debris Easily, Single Chamber Filter Bag
- This is a highly reputed pool robot. The quality of clean is at par with cleaners that twice as expensive. What is most impressive is that it delivers premium at an affordable price tag. It also consumes a low amount of electricity thanks to its intelligent design.
- Legendary build quality. The Polaris 360 is exceptionally well made. Polaris models can last a very long time as long as they are well taken care of. It is not uncommon for bots to keep working like new even for 15 years!
- Polaris has a very strong after-sales support system. Availability of original spare parts and repairs are not an issue.
- The robot is fairly easy to install and operate. The filter bags and filters can be accessed conveniently and are very easy to clean.
- The bot is extremely good value for money considering that it does not require any separate pump installation and electricity consumption is also low. (Most pressure cleaners do require a booster pump, but not the 360.).
- The 360 does not do a very good job of cleaning pool stairs. But then, there are very few bots that can handle stairs effectively. So this should not be a deal breaker. If yours has stairs, you need to be prepared to give them a scrubbing once in a while.
- You need to carry out basic maintenance regularly if you want to squeeze maximum life from your bot. Things like the tail-sweep and the filter bag will probably need to be replaced once every year.
- The hose length of 31 feet is a little on the lower side. However, remember that this is a pressure robot and too much hose is not suitable for such machines.
The Polaris Vac Sweep 360 Pool Cleaner is one of the most technologically advanced pressure side pool cleaning robots from the Polaris Company (Owned by none other than Zodiac).
I'm just going to say now, this is ONE of the best Pool Cleaners we feature on this site.
If you want to skip this review, and get the best price (and more info) on amazon - click here.
Anyway, This fully automatic machine is fully independent; and Unlike many pressure side cleaners, a booster pump is NOT required to use it, as it uses your swimming pools circulation pump!
The 360 cleans all surfaces of all types of in-ground pools. If you have one designed for pressure side cleaners, the 360 makes a very strong contender. This bot has a quirky yet highly efficient 3-wheeled design that was patented way back in 1972.
The 360 not only cleans the bottom of your pool, but it uses your return water to create a suction vortex which essentially pulls junk into the bag attached to the top of the device.
Check out the Polaris 360 on Amazon, here.
Let's look at the Polaris Vac-Sweep 360 Pool Cleaner features:
1) Easy connection to a specially dedicated pressure line.
No need for a separate booster pump. The Polaris 280 and 380 need additional booster pumps for operation. Hence, you need to spend money on installing a pump. Obviously, this also results in a higher electricity bill. The 360 saves you cash and hassle – it is a no-fuss, buy-and-use cleaning solution.
However, there is another angle – robotic cleaners that use a booster pump are usually more powerful than the ones that don’t. The 360 is not very powerful – it’s not a muscle robot. Having said all this, it does have an adequate amount of power to do its job. It cleans all surfaces including walls.
The manufacturer has done a good job by mainlining a good balance between power, energy efficiency, and performance. No wonder this model is so popular.
2) The robot provides a super-efficient clean using a three-pronged approach.
It vacuums, sweeps, and scrubs all surfaces of in-ground swimming pools. Hence the name Polaris Vac Sweep 360.
3) Polaris 360 has excellent wall climbing ability.
This is really important especially for in-ground pools as these tend to be larger and cleaning the walls manually is a very arduous and tedious affair.
4) Polaris 360 has a backup valve.
This feature is very useful for maneuvering and helps the 360 to navigate and ‘unstick’ itself from tight corners.
5) A highly durable 31-foot hose comes as standard along with the robot.
6) Very intelligent engineering:
In essence, the bot is powered by the pressure of the clean water that returns to your swimming pool. This reduces the load on the filter and skimmer. Their focus is solely on the elimination of dirt, debris and other elements that contaminate water.
7) It's all about functional design.
It has a filter bag that traps debris before it can reach the pump basket or the filter. This reduces the wear and tear on both, the filter as well as the pump and extends the bot’s overall life.
8) The MaxTrax wheels have excellent grip.
While the bot itself is does an excellent job of cleaning, it has a ‘tail-sweep’ which sweeps the area even after the bot has gone over it. This further enhances the quality of clean.
The Polaris 360 in Action (Video)
Polaris 360 Review & Final Verdict:
The Polaris 360 is highly recommended. It has phenomenal customer satisfaction. The fact that it is a Polaris bot speaks volumes regarding its performance and reliability.