Polaris P825 Features At A Glance
- 1Artificial intelligence ensures efficient navigation
- 22 cleaning cycles of 1.5 or 2.5 hours – floor only and floor plus walls. Users select the appropriate cycle depending on how dirty the pool is.
- 3Premium caddy- A caddy is included with the bot. It can be put together in a matter of minutes without the need for any specialized equipment, and it's ideal for keeping and transporting the P825 conveniently.
- 4Patented cyclonic vacuum technology - The robotic pool cleaners exclusive patented cyclonic vacuum technology ensures effective cleaning action that captures particles without losing suction, and the Push'N'Go filter container allows for simple debris removal while maintaining a big transparent viewing window.
- 52 year warranty. This lends peace of mind since this is a pretty expensive robot.
- 1Too Expensive for it's features: At this price point, most robotic pool cleaners offer a smartphone app or at least a hand-held remote control (like the Dolphin Oasis Z5i). This allows users to schedule cleaning cycles and steer the bot as required for spot cleaning. The P825 lacks this feature and consequently loses quite a few points. (Read between the lines, It's too damn expensive!) 🙂
- 2No fine mesh filter to trap the finest particles. These particles are not easily visible to the naked eye but over time they add up and lend an unkempt look to the pool.
- 3Availability is a huge problem. Not easily available online. Buyers may have to locate an offline dealer. This just tilts the balance in favor of other more popular models that are easily available both on and off-line.
Polaris P825 Review Intro
Owned by Zodiac, Polaris is a leading robotic pool cleaner manufacturer. Many of their models possess an exceptional price-to-performance ratio.
Why Listen to Me?
I've been in and around swimming pools since before I could walk!
- As a kid, I spent the summers at my grandpa's in the pool for what seemed like 6-8 hours a day.
- As an adult, I've had my own pool since I first owned my house!
- I've used & tested DOZENS of Robotic Pool Cleaners for the past 25 years, and previously owning quite a few of them, I know what to look for, and am here to share my experience with you!
The Polaris P825 Robotic Pool Cleaner manages to tick all the right boxes with its optimal wall climbing ability and powerful suction mechanism. According to "The Polaris P825 Robotic Cleaner delivers optimal cleaning performance for all in-ground pools surfaces." - BUT - let's find out whether this new cleaner justifies its 4-digit price tag or not.
Full Features List
Let's check out some of the features of the Polaris p825 robotic pool cleaner!
Surface Control System:
Pools come in a wide variety of shapes and sizes – square, oval, figure of 8, and so on.
Many bots find it hard to navigate through wackily shaped pools and struggle at the steps and corners in even a standard rectangular pool.
The Polaris P825 Robotic Pool Cleaner's Surface Control System enables it to tackle in ground pools of all shapes. It scrubs all types of pool surfaces with gusto – be it climbing vinyl pool wall, concrete or fiberglass.
It even climbs walls and cleans steps and the waterline/tile line. (In our book, if it doesnt climbs walls, it's not really a full-fledged pool cleaner).
If you've got an in-ground pool installed you're in luck - it cleans in-ground pools surfaces like a champ, however, it does not work with pools that are above ground.
Cyclonic Vacuum Technology:
Polaris's proprietary technology ensures great suction power and thorough cleaning. The bot captures all kinds of contaminants including leaves, small pebbles, algae, etc.
A common problem with pool cleaners is that they lose suction power while cleaning. However, thanks to clever engineering, there is no such issue with the Polaris P825 Robotic Pool Cleaner.
Push'N'Go filter Canister:
The P825's filter canister is easy to access, release, clean and reload. Unlike other bots that have complicated mechanisms and lever at hard-to-reach places, the P825's canister releases at just a push of a button.
While many high end pool cleaners feature a canister full indicator, the Polaris P825 Robotic Pool Cleaner has a large transparent viewing window so that the user can determine whether the basket is full and needs cleaning.
This is such a genial solution that we have to applaud Polaris for it. It did away with electric circuitry and sensors in an extremely clever and practical manner. That's the kind of machines that the world actually needs.
A premium caddy is included with the bot.
It can be assembled quickly without any special tools and is useful for storing and transporting the Polaris P825 Robotic Pool Cleaner with ease.
The P825 Robotic Pool Cleaner is equipped with high grade tank treads that ensure plenty of traction on all pool surfaces – including coves, steep slopes and pool walls. This, combined with a smart navigation system, enable the bot to clean all parts of the pool without a hassle.
Additional features include the Control System that adjusts pool surface settings for optimal wall climbing, a dual-cleaning cycle for one-touch, on-demand cleaning cycles, and a durable caddy for easy transport.
P825 Final Verdict:
This is not a bad robot. This cleaner has good cleaning ability, a 2 year warranty and possesses impressive specs.
Having said that, the bot does miss out on some key components such as remote control and fish mesh filter. It's also too expensive for what it offers.
So... it's not a very popular model ( and we think for good reason too). This puts a big question mark on the availability of parts in the future.
The bot itself is not easily available and customer feedback ranges from excellent to mixed to outright horrible.
When you Google it, all of the 4 top Auto Suggest Searches are BAD - and show some of it's main issues right away:
- Polaris p825 Not Moving
- Polaris p825 troubleshooting
- Polaris P825 Track Keeps Coming Off
- Polaris P825 Replacement Parts
Not looking Good, P825...Not looking Good...
The bottom line is that if you're going to invest $1,000+ plus dollars on a product, it needs to be a proven model and the Polaris P825 Robotic Pool Cleaner is not one, and it does NOT do a wonderful job cleaning.
We recommend that you give this cleaner a pass and go for the top rated and highly acclaimed Dolphin Nautilius CC Plus.
(It's a few hundred cheaper too, so use the money you save and buy your significant other something nice, just be sure to give me credit!)
Polaris P825 Overall Score: 3/5
If you're interested in the p825, you can pick it up from Amazon via the button above:
BUTTTTTTTTTTT, I still recommend this bad boy below! Save some money, get the job done!